Department of Education and Training Trading as Education Queensland International
CRICOS Provider Code: 00608A
Reasons to choose The Ipswich State High School
- At Ipswich State High School we offer enrichment to students with an interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics as well as four High Performance Academies, providing elite training and coaching programs in Rugby League, Volleyball, Soccer and Dance.
- Ipswich State High School offers a very broad variety of subjects including one of the largest school based registered training organisations offering over 30 nationally recognised certificate courses including Hair and Beauty as well as Certificate I and II in Dance.
- Ipswich State High School has a dedicated Student Welfare Faculty that aims to develop a safe, supportive and inclusive school environment. The school is a reflection of the local community in its multicultural nature.
The Ipswich State High School facts
- Currently have 30 vocational / certificate courses - two of which are delivered by external RTO's.
- Ipswich State High school partners
with the University of Southern Queensland (USQ) to enable year 11 students to
complete the Head Start program. This is
equivalent to one subject of their first semester of university. Students
can also have access to other university courses from other universities.
- The Peter Doherty Award – Outstanding School of Science Award was awarded in 2015 to ISHS.
- 2014 BHP Billiton Best Queensland Science Teacher awarded to Dr Grant Darnell (HOD Science).
- 2015 BHP Billiton Best Queensland Science Teacher awarded to Ellen Grant.
- 2014 State Winner Showcase Awards for Excellence in Schools.
- 2016 Bronze Medal Mental Health First Aid.
- 2016 Australian HR Industry Award for Health and Wellbeing.
As Queensland's oldest
provincial city, Ipswich has a rich history. It is renowned for its
architectural, natural and cultural heritage.
Ipswich is an exciting
place to live, work, invest and visit. Education plays an important role in the
local economy with two universities and a wide choice of private and state
For all enquiries please contact the school on (07) 3813 4488 or e-mail: email@example.com.