Ipswich State High School in partnership with Mission Australia Communities for Children – Inala to Ipswich.
Young Families Connect Program is a Program of Excellence at Ipswich SHS for pregnant and parenting mothers.
The program provides flexible delivery of learning and content, toward the receipt of a Queensland Certificate of Education and Certified Competency Based Training.
Young Families Connect offers:
- Tailored Education Support
- Parenting Program & Support
- Hosting programs such as
- Save the Children - supported playgroup
- WMHHS - Child Health Clinic
- DVAC – Domestic & Family Violence Face to Face support
- Services Australia (Centrelink) – Face to Face Services - Community Outreach Team & Financial Information
- Links with external agencies to provide advocacy and support
- On-site adjunct child care
- Ease of access for students to additional curriculum offered within the mainstream program
Young Families Connect use Personalised Learning Plans to:
- Develop the social and emotional intelligences needed to become connected to their chosen community.
- Improve student's literacy and numeracy skills
- Work to develop an awareness of local and global issues
- Provide a supportive environment which encourages young people to identify and manage their personal circumstances
- Design Pathways Plans with young mothers to develop the necessary skills and personal strengths they need to become marketable and employable in the future, thereby assisting our young families to become financially independent.
Young Families Connect
Ipswich State High School
Ph: (07) 3813 4488
Mb: 0472 830 836